Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bob Walkenhorst, March 30, 2005

(posted March 31 at the Rainmakers Message Board)

Bob, good show. :) I didn't get to tell you after the show.

Everybody else, well, it was as good show. :) Good enough for me to want to tell the band members afterwards. I did catch Norm and Jeff. Had a good conversation with Norm.

The theme of the week was not repeating any songs they did last week. They didn't quite make it, though, as they ended with "Let My People Go-Go". But I believe that was the only repeat from last week. And, okay, I wouldn't have noticed at all that they were doing the no repeat thing except that Bob said so.

You know, considering that it took me 16 shows before I finally heard them do that one (way back in 2003), I think it's funny that they did that one last week and this week when they otherwise weren't repeating anything.

Though Bob did add a bit in there referring to breaking guitar strings. (He broke his 2nd string of the night on that song.) Though nothing as memorable as what I call the broken guitar string blues at a previous show, with the memorable line "I broke my G string". Anyway, in between the 2nd and 3rd verses there was those few made up lines that I forget what Bob said, other than it related to broken guitar strings, and then Bob did his talking to the crowd at the end of the show thing before going on to the 3rd verse.

Individual songs aren't really sticking out in my head much.

They did "The Times They Are A Changin'". That one got the dance floor hoppin'. Someone must've got lost on what verse they were on, because during the song Norm and Bob started singing at the same time -- two different verses. Norm deferred to Bob and then Norm sang his verse next.

It was a small crowd. (Is that an oxymoron?) While I wouldn't want it to be that way all the time -- I want there to lots of people enjoying Bob's music -- I enjoy the occasional not so crowded evening.

And that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home