Monday, March 06, 2006

Jesus Christ Superstar at the Record Bar, Kansas City, MO, March 4, 2006

Did you all know Jesus is a darn good guitar player? Eric Mardis, actually. He sang the part of Jesus as well as playing lead guitar.

It was a live performance of the music. Not a staged production, just the music played and sang live.

I'm glad I went.

I wasn't actually familiar with Jesus Christ Superstar. Oh, I'd heard of it, and heard some of the music. But I hadn't ever heard the whole thing through. Thus it took me a while to get into it. Took a bit for me to, well, to know how to listen to it, I guess.

It was performed by a variety of local musicians. 15 in total, 6 musicians (who also sang) and the rest vocals only. $5 cover charge went to the Harvestor's. They said over $1000 was raised at that show. (There were two shows, I went to the early one.)

I feel like I'm so not doing it justice in this review. It really was a great performance. A nice treat for those of us who went.

I was dancing to the music at my spot in the crowd, and towards the end I looked around, and saw I was not the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home