Saturday, March 04, 2006

Eileen Ivers and Immigrant Soul, Lied Center, Lawrence, KS, Friday March 3, 2006

Great show. I first saw them at the Brookside Irish Fest in 2002. Then again at Kansas City Irish Festival in 2004 and 2005. This was my first time seeing them outside an Irish Fest.

I love the combination of musical styles. Celtic, African, Carribean, Blues, and Bluegrass. Or did I forget something?

It seems impossible to capture the experience in words. I guess ultimately, music should either have depth or be fun. Eileen Ivers and Immigrant Soul gave us plenty of both.

Eileen Ivers is a fiddle player. A very good one. Lead vocals, on the songs with vocals were by Tommy McDonnell. He's a very good singer. I quite enjoy listening to him.

Eileen Ivers website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home